Thursday, March 6, 2008

For Dad!

You must be wondering why I am writing to you now? You must be wondering why I haven’t remembered you for more than a minute in all these years, why I haven’t dreamt of you, why I haven’t shed a single tear after you were gone…

The answer is simple-and it is ‘Mom’! When you passed away, though little I was but my ears heard everything they said. They said…what she will do…a mother of three small children! They said…how she will survive…with three small children! They said…how she will work; she has no job at this time! They said…what will happen to them...within poverty and its stinging bite! They said…who will provide for them…a poor lady and her three small children! They said…a young lady…it’s so tough to do without her man…and they said many more things and their banter, I heard for a long time.

Today I tell them…the poor lady survived and so did her three small children. They aren’t small anymore neither poor. No angel touched their lives, nor did God take a look down, it was the will of that lady alone and now they have been seeing happier times. She worked hard, she worked day and night, she worked without stopping for a breath, she worked when she was ill and when there were dreaded times. She looked after the three, she send them to school, she made sure to pack their lunches even when she hadn’t a morsel anymore. She would cry alone at times but saw to it that the three never had a tear in the eye, in all the hard and rough times, all alone she did strife. She stood like a wall between troubles and her three yet she never forgot to tell them how to lead a life that was guilt-free. She loved them unselfishly like a mother, she cared for them like friends, she stood by them like dad and she taught them life’s lesson with a dedication of a teacher.

I am sure you know all the answers …I am sure you understand all of it by now, I am sure you know why I haven’t missed you much all these years…I am sure you are proud of her…your beautiful wife and our adorable mom!!!

#dedicated to my mother, yours and everyone’s!!!

31 comments:

humbl devil said...

when you become a writer...you should write her a bio...

Neetal said...

She is an Amazing women. Thats all I have to say!

Solitaire said...

Neha, this is so beautiful. Is this your life story? Kudos to your mom. God bless you and your family!

Anonymous said...

The last post I read, I knew you lost your father, but I dit put ane comments on "sorry to hear" etc.. because I didn't know how long ago and how you feel abt it!

But I must say, I am proud of you girl and in awe of your mommy! I wish I could be half as what she is!

Ahh well, mom's they are seriously AMAZING creatures!

Beautifully written! And I am sure up above the worlds so high, a star might be twinkling brighter than ever! He sure would be really proud of his family!

them strong femme~

Amit Charles said...

Kudos to your Mom.
This actually reminds me of my Granny. She went through a similar situation. And now she has been a gr8 inspiration to all of us.
To all those undeterred souls who've inspired us all our lives

Happy Women's Day

keep it rollin;)

maverick said...

well if u cud see me..i jus saluted...awesome :)

Sur said...

This is so touching! A beautiful write-up!A great tribute to all the mothers!

soumya mukerji said...

She must be as proud to have a thankful daughter like u, m sure... really sweet :) and thanks for recommending my post on your blog. Love the way you write... honest, simple and forthright.

gypsy said...

@ Devil...

nice IDEA...:)

@ Neeku....

Yeah! She is!

gypsy said...

@ Solitaire...

Yeah, mine!!!Thnx dear!!!

@Veens...

"Ahh well, mom's they are seriously AMAZING creatures!"...Yep they are!!!

Thnx Veens!!!

gypsy said...

@ Scribbler....

Yep...We must thank all of them, who have ever, even if for a sec inspired us...

@Sur....

Thanx!!! Yep...dedicated to all mothers!!!

gypsy said...

@ Soumya...

Thats how life is...honest, simple and forthright....

abt the post...u deserved that recommendation...

thnx!!!

freesherry said...

this was just beautiful.. the simplicity and honesty with which it was written touched a chord in my heart as I am sure it did with that of all your other readers.
I agree with humbl devil.
cheers for your mom
I bow to her spirit.

Anonymous said...

This one is Moving Neha!!
**Bows down**

Dare you see tears just roll down cheek right here!! :D

Keep Smiling :)

gypsy said...

@ freesherry..

thnx ...even i bow to her spirit...


@MV...
:)...thnx!!!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

its d strength of women like ur mum(if this is ur story) which drives d world!

anand said...

After reading this post yesterday, I could not do anything but think about my mother. Mothers are the best gift God gives us when He sends us to this world.
I salute all the mothers in this world.

gypsy said...

@ Anand....

me too...!!!

Anonymous said...

I think sinner, u do injustice to God and His angels...but then grief numbs everything...a touching post but who knows the mind of God?

IncorrigibleV said...

what a post to write right around women's day...
Cheers to all the mothers in the world, they're just awesome!

gypsy said...

@ Mav

:D

@ Gunj...

yes!she is the donna!

gypsy said...

@ Rhapsodysinger...

:Dyep, who knows! I know what you mean...

@ Vands...

:) thnx...

Unknown said...

Yup! My mom is my best girlfriend...God Bless You.

gypsy said...

@ fizzing inside...

:)yep...usually they are!!!

Gypsy Couple said...

Do you know the meaning of the world beautiful, well you needn't, just describe this post.

I couldn't have given my mom a better gift..! kudos to ya ..

gypsy said...

@ r3d3mption...

:)thnx!!!

Glad you liked it!!!

Shruti said...

blessed with a mom who never let u feel the need for anyone else! Hats off to her!!

Mez said...

Neha all i wanna say is Hugz! God bless u and ur family!!

gypsy said...

@shruti...

:)

@Mez...

thnx!!!

@nshul said...

this made me cry.........
i hv been in touch with u frm a long time now....
i hv always seen u as a very strong and dedicated persn....
i donno wat shud i say now...
it really require a lot of heart n guts to say all this u hv said...
or kya kahun....
..may u achieve anythin u wanna achieve...in ur life.....

deepocean said...

Very touching. Your mom surely is a woman of subsatance. Otherwise, how could she fill in for dad! That's wonderful. Keep it going.